Waiting for your roof to spring a leak before replacing it can be costly. By the time leaks are evident, the damage will have already occurred on the roof, and losses incurred. Fortunately, it doesn’t need to get to that point, as our MA Commercial Roofing experts are readily accessible to fix such conditions before it gets worse.
How can you tell when it’s time for Roofing Installation?
MA Commercial Roofing experts recommend the following.
- Consider the Roofs’ Age: An asphalt shingle roof can last up to about 20 to 25 years, while a tile roof can last up to 30 or more years. The number of shingle layers in a roof and the nature of its ventilation can dictate a roofs’ longevity. Know how long your roof can last to know the right time for a replacement.
- Periodic Inspections: Roof inspection can be quite a daunting task. We acknowledge this, and offer roof inspection & evaluation services to our esteemed customers at an affordable rate.
- Shingles and Tiles: Roof imperfections can easily be noted if there are abnormalities such as sagging shingle lines, faulty valleys, and gutters. Sagging shingle lines imply that the sheathing under shingles is rotting, while faulty valleys can adversely affect water flow to the gutters.
Take note of any signs of cracked, broken, or curled shingles and tiles. This is because as the two age, they deteriorate. You also need to know whether the tabs are still intact.
- The Chimney: A chimney can be a weak spot on your roof and thus ought to have a long-term watertight sealing. Pay attention to any signs of its weakness and rectify before it gets faultier.
- The Attic: Immediately after it has rained, go up to your attic to observe any signs of water leaking. You also should check to see whether there is any daylight streaming through the roof.
Why You Need to Have Your Roof Vented
Just like other parts of your building, the roof too needs to breathe. This, in other words, means that the amount of air intake at the soffits and the air exhaust point of the roof near the top ridge needs to balance. According to the U.S. Federal Housing Administration (FHA), there should be at least 1 square foot of attic ventilation in each 300 square feet of attic space.
If the roof is overheated during hot days, its shingles might become brittle or delaminate, and thus get carried away by strong winds later on. A poorly ventilated room could also lead to water condensation in the attic, which might bring in mold and bacteria.
Is Your Current Roof Under Warranty?
Roof warranties are useful in protecting a homeowner in case of defective roofing materials or a substandard installation. A manufacturer’s warranty covers the used materials, while an MA Commercial Roofing contractor’s warranty covers a faulty installation.
Knowing that your roof is well covered by homeowner’s insurance can be quite stress-relieving. A number of home insurance policies though do not have any coverages for roof damage, and the only way to know if a roof is covered is getting answers from your agent or reading the policy terms comprehensively.
Roof Installation Cost
Since roofing installation is a costly investment, a number of factors affect the overall cost. Some of the factors that MA Commercial Roofing Company considers when pricing include:
- The material used (asphalt shingles, metal, tile, or slate among others)
- Roofing style
- The extent of the project/ project size
- Labor costs.
- Any other applicable logistics
MA Commercial Roofing Company is the roofing company to partner with. With the right technology and a competent team, we have succeeded in exceeding our customer’s expectations, by developing both aesthetically pleasing and durable roofing structures. Call us to get a price quote.